Saturday, May 26, 2012

Don't Move!

Psalm 16:8
King James Version (KJV)

8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

The further back I put God, the less stable my life becomes.  This goes much deeper than just day to day activities.  Whether or not you are committed to a church.  Even if you read a Bible chapter a day.  Or pray an allotted time every day.   

I read this scripture and what struck me was the mention of the "right hand".  In scripture, this is generally known as a symbolism of power.  Now, I am not Bible scholar, nor do I claim anything other than an average I.Q.  But, it seems to me that if we put God into the "power" position in our lives...yeah, we won't move. 

Of course, I advocate for church, reading the Word and praying.  The problem is when those things become the replacement for the power.  But if He is put in that power position, church, the Word and prayer come alive and no longer are just activities.

So, if one is feeling unstable and like the everyday things are lacking, maybe some prioritizing is in order.  Put God first and forefront and let Him have the power position. 

1 comment:

  1. I like that. Power position. Makes sense. And if we keep filled with the Holy Ghost, we have that power working in us to keep things prioritized and in the right perspectives.

    ReplyDelete