Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Promise of Action

Luke 11:9
Modern English Version

“And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

There are two kinds of people in the world.  Okay, actually, a few more than two, but for the purpose of this post, there are two.  Those who act and those who react. 

With some self-reflection, I find myself on the reaction side of things a lot.  A lot more than I would like.  You see, a reactor has no purpose.  They are subject to whatever anyone else is doing.  A person of action who is asking, seeking, and knocking - is receiving.  A person of reaction is just getting the remnants.  And potentially getting bogged down which can create resentment, etc. - but that is a whole other post.

As I apply this to spiritual things, I see an even greater need to be an action person.  Personally, I don't want just the remnants and scraps left over from other people's blessings - I want to ask and be given, I want to seek and find, I want to knock and have the doors opened.  Don't trail behind other people (it's too distracting, anyway) and be satisfied with the results of someone else's action, lift up your head, raise your hand and ask, seek, knock and receive first hand promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment