Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Be Wise

Proverbs 19:20
New Living Translation (NLT)

20 Get all the advice and instruction you can,
so you will be wise the rest of your life.

If you are around 35 and under, you probably won't see this the way I do.  A lot of us spend several...more than necessary...years of our life thinking we pretty much have all the answers.  There are exceptions to this, of course, but having a teensy little independent streak goin' on myself, I do know how most of us think.

One thing you do learn as you age, 35ish just being my magic number, is the safety of advice and instruction.  That is the wisdom of it!  It is a safe place to be when you are at the place of accepting it, looking for it.

Where do we find this place?  First a humble heart is vital, you won't get anywhere fast without one.  Figuring out that, maybe we don't know it all.  Then to surround ourselves with Godly friends,  people who will encourage you to do the right thing...even when it's the hard thing.  People whose lives are advice.  (I have a few of those in my life...even if they don't know it!) 

Then your next 35 or so years will be wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment