Friday, September 30, 2011

The Bottom Line

Psalm 116:1-2
New Century Version (NCV)

1 I love the Lord,
because he listens to my prayers for help.
2 He paid attention to me,
so I will call to him for help as long as I live.
 
I know that God deserves worship because He is God.  But being God, who created us, He knows our human failings.  He knows that, sure enough, sooner or later, we will be needing something. 
 
Now, as I have mentioned in earlier posts, He has His own way of doing things and I pretty much don't understand how He works.  But when I have a  moment or two of thinking He is not listening to me or paying attention to me, He lets me know otherwise.  Loud and clear! 
 
For which I am very thankful, because I have a feeling I may miss His whispers now and then. 
 
Anyway, yes, I will worship Him because of who He is.  But I will also love Him and call on Him for as long as I live.  Why?  Because He listens and pays attention to me.  He loves me!

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 116 has long been one of my favorite psalms in the Bible. I remember when I first read it, I felt to also read it in church during testimony service. What struck me then and still does today is the phrase in verses 14 and 18, "I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people." In rereading the psalm, I noted that the first 8 verses tell of the goodness of God toward me (us) and the rest of the psalm tells me what "I will" do as a result. I have innumerable reasons to love the Lord and none not to.

    ReplyDelete