Tuesday, April 8, 2014

God and Great Things

Job 37:5
(New Century Version)

God’s voice thunders in wonderful ways;
    he does great things we cannot understand.

I have always believed that God is God and being so, He is worthy of my praise and worship regardless of my circumstances.  When I've gone through rough spots and didn't feel like worshipping - I would praise anyway because He is God and worthy and that is a good enough reason to worship!  I would remind myself that He didn't need to actually do anything for me to deserve it - He just is God.  Period, end of story. 

Only, I realized recently that while this is certainly true, I cannot separate out who God is and what He does.  He does great things because He is God.  He is God and so He does great things!  It is who He is! 

I also found it interesting that the passage I chose is from the book of Job.  Job, of all people, knew what it was like to worship God in spite of his circumstances.  We may not always understand the way God does things.  Sometimes, we probably miss the great things because of our limited perspective.  But, this we do know - He is God, and He does great things.  The two are not mutually exclusive - in fact, they are one and the same.  He is worthy to be praised and worshipped for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment