Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nothin' but a Thing

Jeremiah 17:7-8
(Living Bible)

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence. He is like a tree planted along a riverbank, with its roots reaching deep into the water—a tree not bothered by the heat nor worried by long months of drought. Its leaves stay green, and it goes right on producing all its luscious fruit.

As I was reading in Jeremiah this morning, I read over this passage and the meaning jumped out at me in such a way that I had to share. 

We all know, and I have written about it ad nauseam in this blog, life is full of trouble and trials, etc, etc.  While, of course, I do not  minimize anyone's problems, even my own, I can see that God has been gently speaking to me about my trust in Him.

Over the past week or so, I have been thinking about how doubt is really a form of believing - just a choice of what one is believing.  I have been contemplating my own doubts, which have been many...some of which included doubts about God. 

So, this morning when I read this, my soul jumped at the opportunity to trust with confidence.  To have the kind of trust that stands up to the heat and drought of life and just goes right along like those things are nothing at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment