Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Grace Area

1 Peter 4:10
New English Translation


... serve one another as good stewards of the varied grace of God.

If the reader has perused the previous post, then you know that I am a self-confessed "all in or all out", "black and white" sort of person.  I identify this as a human struggle because the basic result of this is some intolerance and, lets just admit it, sometimes stubbornness. 

Well, not surprisingly, God has once again spoken to me in a clear and special way.  As I was chit-chatting with a friend recently, I was explaining my struggle with the "black and white" perspective on life, and bemoaning the fact that it is hard for me to see the "grey area".  I recognized that it is basic human nature and ultimately, I want to see things more the way God sees them....and that was when God helped me out. 

The words came out of my mouth almost before I had time to think about it.  Grace area.  If I replace the "grey area" with a "grace area", it makes so much more sense to my spirit.  My heart leaped for joy a little as I realized that God had shown me what the problem was.  Right is still right and wrong is still wrong.  I still have my opinions about things (and people), but grace can replace the grey and that causes the discomfort of differences to fade significantly. 

So, I think I will no longer claim to be a "black or white", "all in or all out" sort of person.  I think I will work on just being a "grace area" sort of person.   

No comments:

Post a Comment