Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Bridge

Psalm 94:18-19
New Living Translation (NLT)

 18 I cried out, “I am slipping!”
      but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
 19 When doubts filled my mind,
      your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

As I continue to blog, I notice that a lot of it is about human struggles. (generally mine!)  This may seem negative at first glance, but what it really is, is the notation of the infinite distance between God and man that is bridged by His unfailing love and mercy.

Life is not perfect, sometimes things just don't go the way you planned. Gaining growth and maturity in one's life is sometimes a painful process.  But how awesome to know that when we are "slipping" or feel like we just can't hold on any longer, we can count on the Almighty God for support, comfort, hope and cheer.  

2 comments:

  1. Amen. We can count on God for everything we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. an almighty God who robed himself in flesh and as he stretched out his arms on the cross said, though you are in sin, I will become sin so that gap can be bridged. amazing. great thoughts. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete