Saturday, August 13, 2011

Letting Go

Proverbs 22:6
New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Direct your children onto the right path,
and when they are older, they will not leave it.

Spending the last full day with my firstborn before he will be "moving out".   Makes me stop and really think about so much.  So many memories.  As mentioned before in this blog, from his birth until now I have not forgotten much of anything.  All these memories are stored up in my mother's heart and they bring smiles and tears.  (Sometimes my smiles were because of his childish tears.  Sometimes my tears were because of his childish smiles.)  Children really do a number on ya...but for sure, I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.  How could one?  The thought is not original with me, but when you see my kids, you see my heart.  (And any mother reading this knows exactly what I am feeling.) 

Now, the transition I am experiencing is still a little painful as I wonder how it will feel to not be the last one checking on him everyday.  I'll figure it out and adjust.  My love for him is greater than my need to be in control.  So, even though when I look at him I still tend to see that chubby little blonde headed baby, I will let him go.  My control will be turned over to God and my prayers will be continually before Him.

Son, I'm so proud of you.  My heart almost bursts because of the potential I can see as you start this journey.  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to let them go and not worry about them. But of course, who was taking care of them before?

    ReplyDelete