Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Choose Peace

Colossians 3:15
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

15and let the peace of God rule in your hearts...and become thankful.

Peace sometimes seems elusive as we deal with day to day life. If we are not dealing with turmoil in our own lives, all we have to do is see the news, go downtown, wherever, and you sense the anxiety and unrest of people around you.

One thing I have learned through my experience with anxiety and worry is that it is a form of control. I know, right? That's ridiculous! If you had control, you wouldn't be worried! Well, think about it for a second, if you are worried are you telling God He can't take care of you? I believe that is exactly what we tell Him when we let worry and anxiety take over. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

I have also felt the peace that He gives when I let go of the worry and anxiety. Anxiety and peace just don't go together. They cannot co-exist and it is up to you and I to decide who is going to have the control. 

I choose peace. I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment