Thursday, October 25, 2012

Healing Touch

Matthew 14:35-36
English Standard Version (ESV)

35 And when the men of that place recognized him, they sent around to all that region and brought to him all who were sick 36 and implored him that they might only touch the fringe of his garment.  And as many as touched it were made well.

My heart goes out to those around me who are in a physical and/or emotional need of healing.  When you know someone is hurting, saying, "I'm praying for you" just doesn't seem like enough.  And whether someone is healed or not healed, sometimes seems like a mystery.

I read this scripture passage and I felt like a little bit of the mystery involved opened up to me.  If we could travel to a particular place and touch a particular thing or person and be healed, wouldn't we?  Yes, we all would.  We would pay whatever the cost is and go.  The people in this story did just that and they received their healing...just by touching the hem of His clothes.  I don't imagine that it was a calm line that formed or there was a number to take...when they heard that Jesus was nearby, what I imagine is a mad dash...or crawl...to reach out and touch Him.

I'm sure by now, some of you know where I'm going.  I believe we still need to reach out and touch to receive our healing.  And just like we can imagine the crowd around Him - the distractions and doubts of life - it may be that we have to scramble and crawl and push our way to His feet.

If you are reading this and you need your healing, of any kind...don't give up. Scramble, push, crawl your way past the distractions until you touch Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment