Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

 

1 Samuel 15:29
New Century Version (NCV)

29 The Lord is the Eternal One of Israel. He does not lie or change his mind. He is not a human being, so he does not change his mind."

At the ripe old age of 39, I feel pretty set in my ways.  And being somewhat of a stubborn person in the first place, it takes a lot to change my mind about something. 

However. . .being a woman I feel I have an inalienable, God given right to do just that whenever I want to!  No explanation, rhyme or reason necessarily needed! 

So, everyone knows someone who is wishy-washy.  You just can’t count on them for consistency.  I’ve run into my share of this “type”.  Over the years I’ve learned, slowly but surely, not to take someone else’s lack of consistency as a personal affront to my being.  And as much as I would like to see myself as consistent, steady and hard to bowl over. . .being just a humble human being myself, I know that I am just as susceptible to anything as anyone is.  Consistency, steadiness, commitment. . .that all takes practice and thought.  I could expound on several areas in our lives that we need to practice these characteristics. . .but for the sake of this blog, I will let the reader use their imagination and apply it to their own life.  (I’ve never been of the mind-set that it was my place to tell someone how to live. . .and I’m not about to change my mind!) 

For now, I will continue to practice consistency, steadiness and commitment.  Maybe a little less stubbornness.

2 comments: