Sunday, July 24, 2011

Promise

I enjoyed spending some time sitting out on the deck this afternoon with my firstborn.  With only one month left until he heads off for college I feel an urgency to squeeze in as much time and discussion as possible.  Getting my last little bit of influence and (very) sage  advice in before he spreads his wings and starts making his own way in the world. 

I know a lot of kids his age are eager to be on their own, out from under parental rules and eyes.  However, the smart one's realize their parents have more than rules and judgement to offer.  Son, if you're reading this...

Proverbs 3:1-2
New International Version (NIV)

1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes kids don't listen, and they have to learn the hard way. Maybe Quinton will be a wise son from the start. I hope so.
    I just caught up with all your blogs, Susanna, they are all interesting to read; well said!

    ReplyDelete