Monday, July 18, 2011

Rescued

Psalm 34:17-19
New Living Translation (NLT)

17 The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
He rescues them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
19 The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.

Have you ever gone through a situation that seemed hopeless or unbearable?  Where there was no one to turn to for help?  I certainly have experienced this hopeless feeling a time or two.  Life has seemed to offer up these sorts of circumstances more often than I have been able to truly appreciate.  At times it has seemed like no sooner do I get through one tough time but another one is just around the corner.  You start to wonder...am I a target?  Well, it all sounds very dramatic when put into words.  And, of course, in the middle of the storm it is pretty dramatic!  I was talking to God on my way to work last week thinking about all the negative...honesty here...and asking Him why is everything (dramatic) such a battle.  Why do I always feel like I am fighting?  And immediately He spoke these words into my mind -- The battle is mine. Why are YOU fighting? -- Um...I felt a little silly.  Here I was asking HIM why I was always fighting.  I had obviously gotten a little mixed up about how this works.  Sure, there are storms or those pesky situations where you kind of start to wonder what is going on.  Yes, there is spiritual warfare going on.  And yes, you can feel a little beat up after a bit.  But even I, who was childish enough to ask a silly question, have seen Him bring me through more than one hard time.  I guess I do know He can do it again.  So, the next time I feel troubled, or the next time I feel sad or hurt, I will remember how close my rescue is.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's easier said than done sometimes to let the Lord fight our battles.

    ReplyDelete